Calculate Your Car Insurance
How to Buy Car Insurance Online?
The process of buying a car insurance plan is quite simple and easy. Here’s how you can buy the right car insurance plan with us.
- Fill Your Car Details
Provide your car details such as its make, model, etc, to see car insurance plans offered by top insurance providers in India.
- Compare Car Insurance Quotes
From all the available car insurance plans, select the plan which suits your budget & requirements in the best manner.
- Make Payment Online
Pay the policy premium online & get your car insurance document instantly in your inbox.
Popular Car Insurance Companies
Top Car Insurance Polices in india 2020
|Companies||Network Garages||PA Cover Owner|
|Bharti AXA Car Insurance||4000+||Upto 15 Lakhs|
|HDFC ERGO Car Insurance||5000+||Upto 14 Lakhs|
Car Insurance Add-ons
- Zero Depreciation Cover
By default, the liability to pay for the depreciation of the car and its various parts rests with the policyholder. However, you can shift the burden of depreciation expenses of your car and its rubber, plastic, and fibre components to the insurance provider by opting for the zero depreciation cover. Under this add-on, no depreciation is subtracted from the coverage for the replacement of old and damaged car parts.
- No Claim Bonus Protection Cover
Your insurance provider rewards for not making a claim during a policy year. This reward is offered as a discount on the own-damage premium of your car insurance policy and is called the no claim bonus (NCB). It can go up to 50% of your own-damage premium. However, if you make even a single claim, this NCB gets lost. You can protect the loss of NCB by opting for a NCB protection cover.
- Engine Protection Cover
No coverage is offered for the damage incurred by the car’s engine due to oil leakage or water ingression. A standard car insurance policy only covers the damage caused to the engine during an accident. However, you can get a complete coverage for your car’s engine damage by opting for an engine protection add-on. It is one of the most opted for add-ons as the engine is the heart of the car.
- Return To Invoice Cover
In case of complete total loss of your car, the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of your car is paid as the compensation amount by the insurance provider. However, the IDV amount is lower than the actual price paid by you at the time of purchasing your car. You can bridge this gap by opting for a return to invoice cover which provides you the amount mentioned in car’s purchase invoice in the event of your car’s total loss.
- Roadside Assistance Cover
When you opt for a roadside assistance add-on, your insurance is available for your help in all roadside emergencies. This add-on provides coverage for battery jump start, tyre change, fuel delivery, car towing, replacement of keys in case they get lost or stolen, breakdown assistance, etc. It is one of the most popular car insurance add-ons which offers a vast coverage against the payment of a nominal premium.
- Consumables Cover
The cost of consumables such as screws, nuts, bolts, engine oil, brake oil, air conditioner refrigerant, radiator coolant, washers, grease, etc. is not covered under a standard car insurance policy. You can get coverage for these consumables by opting for a consumables add-on. This add-on generally comes handy at the time of an accident which renders most of the consumables unfit for future usage.
- Tyre Protection Cover
By default, a standard car insurance policy does not provide coverage for damage to the tyres due to burst, sidewall bulging, rough braking or tyre flattening. By option for a tyre protection cover, you can keep yourself insured against the cost incurred for replacement of a damaged tyre. Under this add-on, the labour cost for refitting, removing, and rebalancing the wheel is also covered.
Explore Car Insurance
Bike Insurance Coverage
- What is Covered?
- What is not Covered?
- Third-Party Injuries
All the types of bodily injuries suffered by a third-party due to your bike will be covered.
- Third Party Disability
If your bike causes disability to a third-party in an accident, then the coverage for the same shall be provided.
- Third Party Death
Compensation will be offered if your bike causes an accident that results in an unfortunate death of a third party.
- Third-Party Property Damage
Coverage of up to Rs. 1 Lakh is provided for damages caused to a third-party’s property due to your bike.
Coverage is offered for all types of damages incurred by your bike in accidents or collisions.
- Natural Calamities
Damages incurred by your bike due to natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc are covered.
- Man-made Disasters
Damages sustained by your bike due to man-made disasters such as riots, terrorism, vandalism, etc, is covered.
- Fire or Explosion
Damages incurred by your bike in a fire and explosion shall be covered.
Loss of your bike due to theft is covered under bike insurance.
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol and Drug
Claims for incidents when the insured was driving under the influence of alcohol are not admissible.
- Driving Without Valid Driver’s License
No coverage is offered if the insured was driving without a valid driver’s license.
- Wear and Tear or Depreciation
A standard bike insurance policy will not cover the cost of depreciation of your bike and its parts.
No coverage is offered for engine oil, brake oil, air conditioner refrigerant, nuts, bolts, screws, grease, and other consumables of the bike.
- Electrical or Mechanical Breakdown
If your bike suffers any mechanical or electrical breakdown, then it will not be covered.
- Damage in War or Nuclear Attack
If your bike sustains damages due to war or nuclear activity or attack, then no coverage will be provided.
- Damage to Tyre or Tubes
Damages sustained by the tyres and tubes of your bike will not be covered, except in case of accidents.
- Damage Caused Outside Geographical Boundaries
No compensation will be provided for damages sustained outside the geographical limits specified in the policy.
How To File A Car Insurance Claim?
A car insurance claim can be made in two ways - cashless claim or reimbursement claim. When you visit a network (partner) garage of your insurance provider for your car’s repair work, the claim is settled in a cashless manner When you visit a non-network garage of your choice, the claim is settled first by you and is later reimbursed to you by your insurance provider. You can follow the below steps to make a car insurance claim -
- Step 1: Inform your insurance provider about the incident
- Step 2: Get your claim intimation number
- Step 3: A surveyor will visit the place of the incident to assess the damages
- Step 4: Your insurance provider will arrange for towing services for your car, if required
- Step 5: Get your car repaired at either a cashless network garage or a garage of your car
- Step 6: The claim will be settled by the insurance provider in accordance with the garage chosen by you for repairs.
Why Choose InsuranceDekho for Car Insurance Online?
- Get Your Car Insurance in Just 5 Minutes*
Wait no more! Get your car insurance online in just 5 minutes with our easy, quick and paperless car insurance policy issuance process.
- Over 5.5 Lakh Happy Customers
InsuranceDekho is a favourable choice among insurance buyers. Our transparent and quick process, availability of top-rated insurance plans and dedicated customer support team has helped us win the love and confidence of over 5.5 Lakh happy customers
- 7 Days Dedicated Customer Support
Our dedicated customer support team is available at your service all the 7 days of the week. Feel free to reach out to us for any insurance related assistance, be it for policy purchase or claim settlement, we are always there to help you.
Benefits of Car Insurance?
A car insurance offers a host of benefits to its policyholders. The key benefits are as follows -
Helps You Stay Legally Compliant:A car insurance helps you stay legally compliant as according to Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner is mandatorily required to have at least a third-party car insurance policy. The absence of which is punishable with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Protection Against Third-Party Liabilities:A car insurance policy helps you mitigate third-party liabilities such as bodily injuries, temporary/permanent disability, death as well as property damage. While, the compensation of third-party property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 Lakh, there is no compensation cap in case third party bodily injuries, disability or death.
Protection Against Own-Damages:A car insurance policy helps you keep yourself financially secured against the own-damage expenses of your car. Damages incurred in road accidents, natural calamities, man-made disasters, fire, explosion, vandalism, etc are covered under standalone own-damage as well as comprehensive car insurance plans.
Coverage Against Theft:A car insurance policy also provides coverage in case of theft of your car. In case your car gets stolen, your insurance company provides you with your car’s Insured Declared Value (IDV) which corresponds to the market price of your car.
Personal Accident Cover:With a car insurance policy, you can also get a personal accident cover of up to Rs. 15 Lakh which offers a coverage in case of death, bodily injuries as well as disability of the policyholder in a car accident.
Find Right Car Insurance Quotes by Cars Body Type
- View Maruti Swift Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai i20 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Baleno Insurance Quotes
- View Tata Altroz Insurance Quotes
- View Renault KWID Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Grand i10 Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Dzire Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City 4th Generation Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Verna Insurance Quotes
- View Honda City Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Aura Insurance Quotes
- View Honda Amaze Insurance Quotes
- View Nissan Magnite Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Sonet Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Thar Insurance Quotes
- View Kia Seltos Insurance Quotes
- View Hyundai Creta Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Fortuner Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti Ertiga Insurance Quotes
- View Renault Triber Insurance Quotes
- View Maruti XL6 Insurance Quotes
- View Mahindra Marazzo Insurance Quotes
- View Toyota Vellfire Insurance Quotes
- View Datsun GO Plus Insurance Quotes
Customer's Speak4283 Reviews
- test headingscheduletest headingscheduletest headingscheduletest headingscheduletest headingscheduletest headingscheduletest headingschedule...Hdfc ErgoBy sdfasdasdadsOn:22nd January, 2021
- Rapid policy quoteGetting quotes for my Nissan Micra was a cakewalk. I visited InsuranceDekho and directly got to the segment where I coul...Raheja QbeNissan Micra Raheja-qbeBy Abhik DasOn:6th January, 2021
- Swift policy comparisonComparing car insurance policies was a swift task on InsuranceDekho, thanks to the premium calculator. I compared the pr...EdelweissEdelweiss Renault Duster-2016-2019By Kishore Ghoshal On:17th December, 2020
- Got to know about network garagesI wanted to take my Skoda Fabia for servicing at one of the partner garages of my insurer ACKO. But I did not know the l...AckoFabia Skoda AckoBy Mohim Pattanaik On:17th December, 2020
- Amazing experienceNever imagined I would be so satisfied with my Ford Ecosport’s Universal Sompo comprehensive car issuance policy. It is...Universal SompoFord Ecosport Universal-sompoBy Vishvas Pandey On:17th December, 2020
- Renewal within minutesRenewal of my Shriram car insurance policy took less than 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho. I have a Toyota Prado. I checked ...ShriramShriram Toyota PradoBy Barnali BagchiOn:17th December, 2020
- Expert suggestions availableI did not know how to choose the right insurance policy for my Honda City ZX. After coming to InsuranceDekho, I saw the ...Iffco TokioIffco-tokio Honda CityBy Ena OberoiOn:17th December, 2020
- Policy at an affordable priceAfter buying a Volkswagen Tiguan, I was looking for an affordable car insurance policy. I came to InsuranceDekho and was...LibertyVolkswagen Tiguan LibertyBy Twarit MajumdarOn:17th December, 2020
- Automated chatboxThe chatbox on insurancedekho.com is automated. I wanted to know how I could apply for a reimbursement claim for my Futu...Future GeneraliHonda Brio Future-generaliBy Pritika Deb On:17th December, 2020
- Convenient premium calculatorWhile purchasing the Kotak car insurance policy from InsuranceDekho for my Mahindra Willys, I used the tool called the P...KotakKotak Mahindra WillysBy Pulkit Singha On:17th December, 2020
Different Types of Car Insurance
Comprehensive Car Insurance
A Comprehensive Car Insurance policy is the most extensive car insurance cover under which an insurance company is liable to pay for financial liabilities incurred towards a third party as well as for the own-damages sustained by the insured’s car. In addition to road accidents, the policy is applicable in the event of natural calamities, man-made disasters, self-ignition or lightning, explosion, fire, theft, etcView Quotes
Third-Party Car Insurance
Third-Party car insurance policy is a mandatory requirement for driving a car in India. It is the most basic car insurance plan and is thus also called Liability Only Car Insurance Policy. Under this cover, the insurance company is liable to pay for the bodily injuries, permanent disability, temporary disability as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s car. This plan also provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 7.5 Lakh. However, the policy does not provide coverage for damages incurred by the insured’s car or the insured.View Quotes
Own Damage Car Insurance
In September 2019, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) introduced the standalone Own-Damage car insurance policy. Under this plan, the insured gets insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by his/her four-wheeler in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage car insurance policy aims at offering the insured the flexibility in terms of the insurance provider they want to choose.View Quotes
Comparison of Different Car Insurance Plans
|Coverage||Third-Party Plan||Standalone OD Plan||Comprehensive Plan|
|Third-Party Bodily Injuries|
|Third-Party Property Damage|
|Personal Accident Cover|
|Theft of Car|
Frequently Asked Questions?
What is a car insurance policy?
Car Insurance/Four Wheeler Insurance is an agreement between an insurance company and a car owner under which the former provides an insurance cover to the policyholder for financial damages incurred by his/her car in unforeseen events. Depending on the coverage, there are three types of car insurance plans - third party car insurance policy, standalone own-damage car insurance and comprehensive car insurance policy.
Why should I buy car insurance?
There are a number of benefits of owning car insurance. Firstly, it helps you meet the legal requirement of owning at least a third party car insurance cover. Moreover, a car insurance policy helps you meet financial liabilities that may arise towards a third party or own-damages to your car due to a road accident or any other unfortunate event.
What are the different types of car insurance policy in India?
On the basis of coverage, there are three types of car insurance in India - third party car insurance policy, standalone own damage car insurance policy, and comprehensive car insurance policy. While a third party (also known as liability only policy) provides coverage for third party liabilities only, a comprehensive car insurance policy provides coverage for own damages in addition to third party liabilities. A standalone own-damage cover provides coverage only for own-damages incurred by the insured’s car..
How much is car insurance premium?
The premium for third party car insurance depends on the engine capacity of the car and is fixed by the IRDAI. However, the premium for standalone own-damage and comprehensive car insurance policies varies from car to car depending on a number of factors such as car's MMV (Make, Model and Variant), RTO location, engine capacity, registration city, fuel type,
What if my car insurance policy gets expired?
Every car insurance comes with a validity period, post which you need to renew it to continue to enjoy its benefits. However, even if you miss to get your car insurance plan renewed by the expiry date, you can still get it renewed till the next 90 days from the date of expiry. After the expiry of this 90-day period, car insurance cannot be renewed. In such a case, you need to purchase a new car insurance policy.
How to find my car insurance policy number?
Car insurance policy number is a unique 8 to 10 digit number, given by your car insurance company for the identification of your insurance account. It is generally written on your insurance card or statements issued by the insurance company. The number remains the same as long as your policy is active with the respective insurance provider.
Which is the best car insurance company in India 2021?
There are a number of factors which make a car insurance company better than its peers. One such important factor is Claim Settlement Ratio (CSR). It is the percentage of claims settled by a car insurance company out of the total number of claims received by it during a financial year. In the financial year 2018-19 the insurance companies which registered the highest claim settlement ratio are IFFCO Tokio General Insurance (96.44%), Royal Sundaram General Insurance (94.07%), and Oriental Insurance Company (93.16%)..
Is car insurance mandatory in India?
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner in the country is compulsorily required to own at least a third party car insurance cover. Absence of a valid third party car insurance plan is a punishable offence which attracts a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months for the first offence.
How is car insurance premium calculated?The premium of third party car insurance plans is determined by the IRDAI, whereas the premium for standalone own-damage and comprehensive plans vary from insurance company to insurance company. Following are some factors which affect the premium for own-damage four wheeler insurance cover:
- Insured Declared Value – The Insured Declared Value (IDV) is the current market value of the four wheeler. It is one of the important factors which affect the calculation of the premium as IDV is the amount which insurance companies pay the policyholder in the event of total loss of car. Higher IDV attracts a higher premium.
- Engine Cubic Capacity – The premium of a car insurance plan is also a function of the car’s engine cubic capacity. Greater the car’s cubic capacity, higher is the premium.
- Age of the Car – With time the value of the four wheeler reduces due to depreciation. The normal wear and tear reduce the value of the car in the market due to which its insurance premium also reduces. Thus, greater the age, lower the premium.
- Make, Model and Variant – The make, model and variant of the car affects the IDV of the car which eventually affects the car insurance premium. For different make, model and variants of the car, the different premium is applicable.
- RTO Location – Another important factor is the RTO location of the car. It gives the insurance company an idea about the density of traffic in the area/city where the car will be driven and thus the probability of road accidents and other mishaps.
Can car insurance be transferred to the new owner at the purchase of a second hand four wheeler?
Yes, the four wheeler insurance can be transferred from the old owner to the new owner in case the sale of a second-hand car. As per the Indian Motor Tariff, the policy transfer should be completed within 14 days from the car’s purchase date.
Can one car owner buy two policies for the same car?
No, one car owner can not have two insurance policies for the same four-wheeler. However, a third-party insurance plan and own damage cover can be purchased separately for a four-wheeler, in place of a comprehensive four wheeler insurance.
How to claim car insurance online?
A car insurance claim can be made online by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Register the claim by visiting the website or mobile app
Step 2: After claim registration, the car’s owner gets a claim registration number
Step 3: After claim registration, the four wheeler insurance company sends a surveyor the place of accident/mishap to assess the extent of damage. The policyholder needs to submit the required documents at this stage to the surveyor to proceed with the claim.
Step 4: The damaged four wheeler is then sent to a garage for repairs. Depending on the type of garage, the payment for the claim will be made.
Step 5: If a network garage is chosen, the bill is directly settled by the four wheeler insurance company with the garage. In case, the garage is not a part of the insurance company’s cashless garages network, the policyholder needs to settle the bill which is later reimbursed by the insurance company.
Car Insurance News
- How To Take Care Of Your Car In Summers?
This article mentions tips about taking care of your car dur...11 April 2021
- Latest Rules And Fines For Cars In Case of Traffic...
This article mentions the latest rules and fines for traffic...11 April 2021
- Reasons To Cancel RC After Scrapping An Insured Ca...
This article mentions the reasons behind cancelling the regi...10 April 2021
- Important Document Required For Car Insurance Clai...
This article mentions the important documents required for f...10 April 2021
- Steps To Make A Car Insurance Claim After An Accid...
This article mentions the step by which an individual can fi...09 April 2021
- Benefits of Engine Protection Cover in Car Insuran...
Engine protection is an important add-on cover under a car i...31 March 2021
- How to Switch A Car Insurance Company?
Here is the complete guide as to how to switch a car insuran...28 March 2021
- Top DIYs To Tune Up Your Car
DIYs are no replacement for having your car professionally s...02 April 2021
- How You Can Handle the Car Insurance Claim Rejecti...
Fearing about the rejection of your car insurance claim? Her...31 March 2021
- Basic Adjustments To Make Your Car More Efficient
Read on to find out about some basic modifications that will...02 April 2021
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers, which are subject to modification .For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Tax benefits are subject to changes in applicable tax laws. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, (CIN: U66010RJ2016PTC054811, Regd .Off: Girnar 21, Govind Marg, Moti Doongari Road, Dharam Singh Circle, Jaipur, Rajasthan- 302004; Corp. Off: 11th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (Life & General) valid till 19th March 2023. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org ; Helpline number: 7551196989.
You authorise Girnar Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd (insurancedekho) to contact you through call, SMS, email, WhatsApp or any other mode in future. You hereby override your NDNC registration.